Thursday, August 9, 2007

Self Evident...



The song affected me the first time I heard it, and every time since. This collage video from dysprod1975 does it all over again, in a whole new way...

With all due props to On the Wilder Side where I first saw the video, & from whom I'm blatently copying the post. (This is the second time this week he's been the victim of my cut-n-paste. I hope that he shares the view that "immitation is the sincerest form..." and knows that he's fully welcome to "steal" from me, should I ever happen to get there first... which I hope to do, should he ever give a guy a break & slow down....)

2 comments:

iwilder said...

Love your blogs. don't know how you manage to keep up with 2 blogs.

Thanks for the props...again. We have an unfair advantage in that 2 of us maintain our single blog onthewilderside. In fact, the Ani DiFranco video is posted by Kimberly.

And as Kimberly reminded me that I often like to quote: "Mediocre artists borrow, great artists steal" so steal away and add to your greatness. some day i hope to steal some greatness back.

peace,
Ian

repsac3 said...

"don't know how you manage to keep up with 2 blogs."

I do post a bit less than you (both of you) for one thing...

Truth is, I thought of the name for this one, & once I saw that no one else had it, I had to use it. Besides, I kinda wanted to separate out the political from the personal, to the extent that's possible... (Then I found I wasn't posting much over at my other blog... Guess I know where my head is...)

Also, I've been removed from workin' for awhile for health reasons... (I'm on the hunt for a job now, though, so we'll see how well I do once I don't have all the free time...)

In case you don't recall, we spoke once or twice... (I called askin' about the Babylon Green meetings because at the time, I lived closer to your town than _______ (wherever it was further east the Eastern Suffolk meetings were being held in late 2001-early 2002.) I didn't realize that your meets were more town focused. Also, your dad was one of my education professors at Adelphi in the early 90's...